Problem entering GELI password at boot

perox at freenet.de perox at freenet.de
Sun Jul 21 19:38:41 UTC 2013

This webmail crap keeps truncating my mails. I hope this time it'll work...

I cannot say with certainty that the problem is related to the 8.0 thing but it sure feels like it. At least
according to subversion the GELI code in -STABLE hasn't been changed for over 12 months now. Therefore I
assume, GELI is not to blame.
The thing with my system is that it only allows a USB keyboard, hence I cannot access anything currently
which renders the problem rather severe for me. I, too, recall that the old (8.0) problem was related to
interrupts storms due to faulty(?) AHCI code/hardware. Since then, I keep AHCI disabled on my system so this
can't be the cause this time.

---
Alle Postfächer an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! http://email.freenet.de/basic/Informationen