experience with 9.2-PRERELEASE

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Jul 18 01:14:59 UTC 2013

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013, John Reynolds wrote:

> The final blow to my sanity was when I rolled back and tried to install
> 8.4-RELEASE and sysinstall couldn't make the disk devices after I hit 'W' in
> the disk label editor to commit my changes.

Somewhere, there is a FAQ or note that you should not press "W" in the
installer.  But a quick check did not find where that was.

> So, I'm wondering generically are people having problems with SSD's in
> FreeBSD? In this hardware I have not tried using a traditional SATA
> disk yet.

I use SSDs without problems on 9.2-STABLE amd64, but all on motherboard
controllers.  The problems you're seeing sound like a controller
problem.  For reference:
http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/ssd.html