bce and "Warning: bootcode thinks driver is absent."

Larry Baird lab at gta.com
Wed Jul 17 16:02:13 UTC 2013

Recently under amd64 and 9.1-STABLE I am seeing issues with the bce
driver.  Message is "Warning: bootcode thinks driver is absent".  After
this message, the box appears to be wedged.  After rebooting, it got the
same message during fsck.  So we installed 9.2 pre-release using a snapshot
iso from 7/13/13.  Shortly after boot we got the same message.  We are now in
the process of installing 9.1 release to verify this is a driver issue and
not hardware flaking out.  Anybody else seen this issue?

Thank you for your time,
Larry