(9.2) panic under disk load (gam_server / knlist_remove_kq)

Patrick Lamaiziere patfbsd at davenulle.org
Wed Jul 17 09:56:59 UTC 2013

Le Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:37:18 +0300,
Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> a écrit :

Hello,

> > Thanks Konstantin. I'm trying your patch and that looks better.
> > poudriere runs since 3 hours now (before the box paniced few minutes
> > after I start a poudriere bulk)
> >
> > (I've removed the previous change to panic on the warning "WARNING:
> > destroying knlist w/ knotes on it!" / I guess it is ok ?)
> >
> > As far I can see gamin still works (xfce sees changes and the
> > "testgam" tool works fine :
> > https://people.gnome.org/~veillard/gamin/debug.html)

> Does stopping the gamin server work as well ?

Yes.

$ export GAMIN_DEBUG_SERVER="/usr/pkg/usr/ports/devel/gamin/work/gamin-0.1.10/server/gam_server"
$ export GAM_CLIENT_ID=test
$ export GAM_DEBUG=
$ /usr/pkg/usr/ports/devel/gamin/work/gamin-0.1.10/tests/testgam -
> connect test
FAMOpen()
Reusing socket directory /tmp/fam-patrick
Asking to launch /usr/pkg/usr/ports/devel/gamin/work/gamin-0.1.10/server/gam_server with client id test /// (ps shows this process)
> mondir /poudriere_data/build/9amd64-default
(some events)
^C
$

Then after the end of the client testgam, the gam_server disappears so that looks good.

Thanks Konstantin and Mateusz.
Regards.