(9.2) panic under disk load (gam_server / knlist_remove_kq)

Patrick Lamaiziere patfbsd at davenulle.org
Tue Jul 16 20:14:50 UTC 2013

Le Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:05:55 +0300,
Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> a écrit :

Hello,

Thanks Konstantin. I'm trying your patch and that looks better.
poudriere runs since 3 hours now (before the box paniced few minutes
after I start a poudriere bulk)

(I've removed the previous change to panic on the warning "WARNING:
destroying knlist w/ knotes on it!" / I guess it is ok ?)

As far I can see gamin still works (xfce sees changes and the "testgam"
tool works fine : https://people.gnome.org/~veillard/gamin/debug.html)

I will run few "poudriere bulk" tomorrow and report the result here.

I've tried on my workstation at work which uses the same configuration
as at home, but I was not able to reproduce this problem. The only big
change is that it has 8 GB RAM versus 4 GB here. I don't know what can
trigger this panic.

If you have patch to test or idea, please let me know.
Thanks, regards.