Is ATH_ENABLE_11N supposed to work on 9-stable?

Thomas Zander thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 14 15:01:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

from the mailing lists I couldn't figure out whether 11n is supposed
to work on stable since the existing mail threads seem to focus on
current exclusively.

And since the option exists in the stable kernel code as well, albeit
neither in GENERIC nor in NOTES, I thought I could give it a try
anyway.

I had some partial success. Test in station mode, WPA2 associated
properly, light traffic (browsing the web) seems to work okay as well.
However as soon as I try to really push some data through it, e.g.
rsync large files, the card drops all network traffic until I
disassociate and re-associate with the access point again (e.g. netif
restart).

If 11N is just not ready in -stable yet, it's not a problem, but if
it's supposed to work, I'd begin to collect debugging information.

So, is it supposed to work on a 9-stable as of today?

Best regards
Riggs