USB ports on Lenovo T400 do not work after a suspend/resume

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Mon Jul 8 05:00:44 UTC 2013

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 18:47:03 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
 > On 7 July 2013 13:49, Lars Engels <lars.engels at 0x20.net> wrote:

 > >> Cool!

 > >> Yup, there's no 5v on the port.
 > >
 > > Oh, BTW: can you check if you have power on the ports after the first
 > > resume and no power after all next resumes until you reboot your
 > > notebook?
 > > That's the situation I had and maybe it can lead to something. ;)

 > Nope, no power after first resume if i have nothing plugged in.
 >
 > Why?

Checking one more point .. do the USB ports come up ok if you originally
boot with nothing plugged in?  If so (or if not), does that local APIC
error message appear the same then too?

cheers, Ian

PS OT: finally found a USB keyboard but I'd forgotten that my friend's
machine is an SL500, not T500.  Moreover, because its keyboard+trackpad
etc is non-working (internally disconnected), I have no way to resume it
without the kbd (and the 9.1-R memstick) plugged in.  Even with kbd and
memstick left in and using acpiconf -s3 it suspends ok but is hung after
resume by dabbing power button; no screen and kbd is dead too - sorry,
no help there.  OTOH my son just bought a refurb T430 ('doze 7, beats 8
anyway) which I should get to play with a bit this week.