USB ports on Lenovo T400 do not work after a suspend/resume

Jeremy Chadwick jdc at koitsu.org
Sun Jul 7 10:26:42 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 03:51:12PM +1000, Ian Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 15:02:57 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>  > On 30 June 2013 07:22, Ian Smith <smithi at nimnet.asn.au> wrote:
> [..]
>  > > Nothing of note that I can see, if that usb hub-to-bus remapping is
>  > > normal.  As you said, 'CPU0: local APIC error 0x40' looks maybe sus.
>  > > Maybe someone who knows might comment on that?
>
> Does noone know what that signifies?  Maybe it's not relevant to this.

It's too vague to know.  The error comes from lapic_handle_error(),
which is a generic/small routine which pulls the local APIC error status
register.  (Note I'm saying APIC, not ACPI -- two different things)

apic_vector.S sets this up/makes use of this function, and its done as
an interrupt handler.

I think this is one of those situations where you have to know *what* is
being set up/done at that moment in time for the error code to mean
something.  Maybe booting verbose would give more information as to what
was being done that lead up to the line.

I've CC'd John Baldwin who might have some ideas.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc at koitsu.org |