status of autotuning freebsd for 9.2

Andre Oppermann andre at freebsd.org
Sun Jul 7 08:35:03 UTC 2013

On 07.07.2013 08:32, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> Andre,
>
> Are you going to have time to MFC things from -current for auto-tuning -stable before 9.2?

I simply ran out of time on Friday and MFCing such a big change requires
more testing.

> I fear (maybe unnecessarily?) that we are about to ship yet another release that can't do basic
> 10gigE when sufficient memory exists.

There was some debate with myself whether such a behavior changing MFC
would be appropriate for a mid-stream stable release.  I guess yes, though
a number of people who currently set the parameters manually would have
to remove their tuning settings.

> If you don't have time, then let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Can you help me with with testing?

--
Andre