countdown from 31: helping with the FAQ

Marc UBM ubm.freebsd at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:17:12 UTC 2013

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 15:00:28 -0500
Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've been working for past several months on improving the FAQ.  At
> the moment there are 31 unreviewed questions.
>
> Can you all help out by commenting on the yellow questions here:
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/ThwackAFAQ   - once the review stage is done
> we could continue fixing the red ones!

[3.9. I booted from my ATAPI CD-ROM, but the install program says no
CD-ROM is found. Where did it go?]

I think this can stay in as its essentially correct; it should probably
be rephrased:

"[...] CD-ROM/DVD drive. The ATAPI specification does not
allow for a CD-ROM/DVD drive to be connected as a slave device with no
master device on the same IDE channel.
Reconfigure your system so that the CD-ROM/DVD is either the master
device on the IDE controller it is attached to, or make sure that it is
the slave on an IDE controller that also has a master device.
Note that this FAQ only refers to ATAPI CD-ROM/DVD drives, not to SATA
ones."

This could probably be phrased better, English is not my first
language.

Bye,
Marc