svn - but smaller?

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Mon Jan 28 18:53:48 UTC 2013

On 01/28/13 08:17, Isaac (.ike) Levy wrote:
> On CTM:
>
> On Jan 28, 2013, at 9:09 AM, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
>>> - I'm wondering if there is a clean/reliable way to pull an index of the CTM deltas?  (This is still very far from the one-liner c[v]sup had become, it would be great to check for new delta files in a simple automated manner.)
>>>

>> Not sure what you mean.  You can do "ctm -l file-name" and it will tell
>> you what files are modified in that delta.  And for ports, you have the
>> usual "make fetchindex."  But that is about it.
>
> I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough- I meant:
> On the FTP server, is there an index of which CTM delta files are on the FTP server?  I'd like to automate fetching just the new deltas...
>
> If there was perhaps 1 file with a consistent name, I could fetch that on a nightly basis and fetch the other CTM files.

I can easily put in something like this.  Maybe the output of ls in each
directory?

If you have more ideas on this, sign up to the ctm-users mailing list,
and we can discuss exactly what is wanted.

>>> - does CTM go away with the CVS servers, e.g. who/how is it supported supported and maintained going foreword under SVN?
>>>

>> No.  CTM is now completely dependent on svn.  I create the CTM deltas on
>> a computer owned by the University of Missouri.
>
> Cool.
> Is there any redundancy for this process, for example, deltas being created out on the east/west mirrors?  Perhaps as an SVN post-commit hook?

No.  The deltas are created in one place.  And they are created every 16
hours according to a rigid schedule.