svn - but smaller?

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 16:13:08 UTC 2013

On 24 Jan 2013 14:33, "John Mehr" <jcm at visi.com> wrote:

>> For testing against svn.freebsd.org -- this is pull only? So you only
>> need read permissions on svn.freebsd.org?  That's fine: the SVN
>> repository is open to public access and you can just use it without
>> asking permission.  Although I'd use one of the mirror sites listed in
>> the handbook rather than svn.freebsd.org directly.
>

> Correct.  I just want to give the folks that administer the servers a
heads-up that there's going to be a lot more entries in their log files
coming from me -- unless it's an undocumented feature of the svn protocol,
md5 signatures for files are not included in directory requests and I need
to issue a get-file command for each and every file to get their md5
signatures in order to determine which local files need an update.  :(

It'd probably be faster for you to use svnsync to get a local mirror of the
repo.

Chris