svn - but smaller?

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Wed Jan 23 19:09:28 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Isaac (.ike) Levy
<ike at blackskyresearch.net> wrote:

> 1) License.  Many of SVN's dependencies will never be available in the FreeBSD source.
> While this is totally OK for development, SVN is 3rd party software, this is unacceptable to force as 'the' respected path for OS source builds.

Don't confuse the excessive ports default settings as dependencies.
You can make a quite mean and lean svn client.  I did a 100%
BSD-license-compatible src/contrib/svn style proof-of-concept back
when we were planning what to do.  Things like gdbm and bdb are not
required and are license contamination that we don't need.  But that's
the fault of the port, not a fundamental property of using svn.

--
Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com; KI6FJV
bitcoin:188ZjyYLFJiEheQZw4UtU27e2FMLmuRBUE