VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES in linux_ioctl.c

Markiyan Kushnir markiyan.kushnir at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 16:12:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

Any reason why LINUX_VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES,
LINUX_VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMEINTERVALS, LINUX_VIDIOC_ENCODER_CMD, and
LINUX_VIDIOC_TRY_ENCODER_CMD in compat/linux/linux_ioctl.c have been put
under #ifdef VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES (looks like it's been there since
rev. 221426, when the v4l2 support was introduced) ?

I've just hit an issue with the current Skypes in the ports tree (both
2.1.0.81 and 2.2.0.35) trying to call at least the
LINUX_VIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES ioctl, so I re-built linux.ko with
-DVIDIOC_ENUM_FRAMESIZES and found no visible issues on my desktop so
far beyond that my skype started to send video.

If there is some reason, it would be good to let people know why these
ioctls are turned off by default.

--
Thanks,
Markiyan.