Some new hardware with 9.1 does not reboot easily

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at digiware.nl
Fri Jan 11 19:38:42 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-07 18:06, Julian Stecklina wrote:
> Thus spake Andriy Gapon <avg at FreeBSD.org>:
>
>> on 29/11/2012 17:16 Willem Jan Withagen said the following:
>>> Would that mean that the regular checkout of stable/9 contains enough
>>> code to allow "painless" rebooting...
>>
>> Not yet...
>
> Has this been resolved? I still see a hang on reboot/shutdown on my box
> (zfs root on USB thumb drive), but I am not sure if the problem is
> related.

Could very well be be.

I have again the same problem as I reported before with the full and new
9.1 code.
But did not have time yet to build a system te test with.

My other 9.1 box is my ZFS only fileserver. And I do not want to fidle
to much with it.

A reboot work around that works for me:
	reboot -n
	shutdown -n now
Of which the manual pages say: option should not be used.
But I have not yet found bad effects. Perhaps becuase I only have ZFS
fs-systems

--WjW