Does / Is anyone maintaining CVS for FreeBSD?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 21:53:31 UTC 2013

On 03/01/2013 21:04, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Matthew.
> You wrote 4 января 2013 г., 0:39:33:
>
> MS> Ah. Yes, you are right.  You can't track a stable branch with
> MS> freebsd-update.  In that case, svn is the way to go.

>  And  even  as  developer  I  don't  like this situation. My developer
> systems have and could use svn for sure, but servers? csup was very
> handy for non-developers machines.

Well, I think the answer there will be svnsup:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/user/des/svnsup/

Unfortunately it doesn't work properly yet.  Needs some attention from
properly motivated and capable programmers.  Given the rather gaping
hole in the FreeBSD offerring it would fill, I wonder if this is
something the Foundation would be interested in sponsoring?

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.