Does / Is anyone maintaining CVS for FreeBSD?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 3 19:57:01 UTC 2013

Hello, Matthew.
You wrote 3 января 2013 г., 22:21:16:

>> I'm a bit reluctant to installing svn on every system that needs source
>> updates. Are there more lightweight ways?

MS> freebsd-update(8)
 It says (on 9-STABLE):

     The freebsd-update tool is used to fetch, install, and rollback binary
     updates to the FreeBSD base system.  Note that updates are only available
     if they are being built for the FreeBSD release and architecture being
     used; in particular, the FreeBSD Security Team only builds updates for
     releases shipped in binary form by the FreeBSD Release Engineering Team,
     e.g., FreeBSD 7.3-RELEASE and FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE, but not FreeBSD
     6.3-STABLE or FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT.

 So,  as  far  as  I understand, it could not be used to track -STABLE
branch, as it was possible with csup. Nothing is say about possibility
to update "src" on stable branch with it. Is it possible and man page
needs to be updated?

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>