Does / Is anyone maintaining CVS for FreeBSD?

Derek Kulinski takeda at takeda.tk
Wed Jan 2 16:07:29 UTC 2013

Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:

>On 2 January 2013 06:26, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:
>> To clarify, no-one wants to remove CVS completely, the suggestion was
>> move it out of the base system.
>
>As the developer responsible for this:
>
>CVS will be removed from base.  It already exists as a port in
>devel/cvs

Will svn be added to the base? Not long ago I run into an issue when trying to downgrade my system to 9.0.

After I noticed how majority of ports were broken due to changes in the libc I decided to back out by fetching 9.1 release just to learn that svn does not work as well. There were a lot of dependencies I decided to use portupgrade which required me to recompile ruby. After that it was a lot of compiling (for example Apache because apr was broken). Having svn in the base would save tons of time in my situation.