mfi timeouts

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 09:31:36 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "rihad" <rihad at mail.ru>

>>> Did the patch help? We're having the same issues & running "mfiutil
>>> show volumes" every minute doesn't make the freezes go away.
>>> Will this small patch be ok on 8.2-RELEASE-p4? Thanks.
>>
>> I'm about to commit a major patch to mfi, which many problems with the
>> current driver. Given info in that PR it could well fix this problem.
>>
>> Unfortunately due to the number of changes, its likely to sit in head
>> for a
>> while before it gets MFC, just to be safe.
>>
>> We've been running it on 8.3-RELEASE on top of the driver from head for
>> some months and not issues so far. So if anyone is interested in a
>> patchset for that I'll be able to provide.
>>
>> I'll post a link to the commit when I'm done.
>

> Thanks, if the trivial dummy read proves insufficient, sure I'll need to
> look into that :) Thanks.

Ok patch is in; two parts the second as I mentioned its a bit of
monster I'm afraid.
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=247367
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=247369

With the exception of the recent busdma changes:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=246713
the entire driver back ports trivially to 8 so should be
good with 9 too.

    Regards
    Steve