Odd issue with VirtualBox+9-STABLE+bce ...

Sales sales at hub.org
Wed Feb 27 06:33:57 UTC 2013

I'm experiencing some odd issues with Virtualbox running on 9-STABLE. where my network periodically disappears … sometimes, it comes back again after a few minutes, other times I have to reboot the server …

This last time, the error on the screen states:

bce1: bce_pulse(): Warning: boot code thinks driver is absent! (bc_state = 0x00004006)

I had 20 regular 'jail' VPSs running on it before I tried VirtualBox on it,and never had this problem, so figure it has to be something with VirtualBox / kmod … ?

Anyone experiencing any odd issues with VirtualBox and 9-STABLE?  Pointers / ideas?

Thx …