Poudriere questions

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Wed Feb 20 17:28:09 UTC 2013

On 02/20/13 18:19, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am 20.02.2013 um 18:07 schrieb Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>:
>> I'm not sure I get what you ask. You can make poudriere fetch sources from any subversion branch/tag and compile those
>> instead of using the distribution files. For example:
>>
>> poudriere jail -c -j 91releng -v releng/9.1 -m svn
>>
>> will fetch sources from the 9.1 security fix branch with all the latest security fixes, compile those and crate a new jail.
>
> That was precisely what I was looking for - thanks.
>
>> I think your best bet is using customized make.conf files in /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d.
>> This is documented well in the CUSTOMIZATION section of the poudriere(8) man page.
>
> And pray that no other software package besides Apache uses an option named
> SUEXEC_DOCROOT and I want a different value for that one ... ;-)
>
> Is there no way to specify make variables that need values in the port specific
> options file?

There is no per port file, but, bbeing make.conf a file sourced by make,
you can use make syntax:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*www/apache22*}
	SUEXEC_DOCROOT=/foo/bar
.endif

this will make the variable defined only if working in a patch
containing the string www/apache22. You can be even more stringent with
the matching.

> But here, too - thanks for the hint. That _should_ work in my case, though it is
> not generally applicable.

Usually putting variables in the make.conf files (or the per jail, per
portstrree or even the per set ones) should be enough in most cases.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>