poudriere and tinderbox on current failing to build stable/8

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Mon Feb 18 23:15:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

While performing some tests with the programs in the subject I noticed
that stable/8 fails.

Both programs try to build stable/8 using the system cc compiler (clang
on -CURRENT), which fails at building gcc, so the build stops with
various errors.

To work around this I configured them to build stable 8 defining the
following values:

CC=gcc
CXX=g++
CPP=gcpp

Forcing poudriere and tinderbox to use 10-CURRENT gcc binaries to
perform the initial toolchain build.

Is this workaround acceptable? Does it have some hidden problems which
perhaps could show up later? Or does it create a correct stable/8 build
without problems?

If necessary I have a build log with the errors.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>