9-STABLE -> NFS -> NetAPP:

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Feb 14 19:17:30 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-14, at 08:41 , Rick Macklem <rmacklem at uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> Btw Marc, if you just want this problem to go away, I suspect getting rid
> of the "intr" mount option would do that.

Am more interested in fixing the problem (if possible) then just masking it, but ...

Based on the man page for mount_nfs, wouldn't that have the opposite effect:

             intr    Make the mount interruptible, which implies that file
                     system calls that are delayed due to an unresponsive
                     server will fail with EINTR when a termination signal is
                     posted for the process.

I may be mis-reading, but from the above it sounds like a -9 *should* terminate the process if intr is enabled, while with it disabled, it would ignore it … ?