9-STABLE -> NFS -> NetAPP:

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Wed Feb 13 23:14:48 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-13, at 14:50 , Rick Macklem <rmacklem at uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> He does get the odd error reported by nfs_getpages() and I don't
> think we've isolated why yet. The error is 13 (EACCES), but jhb@
> thought it might be because of the bug he fixed where the krpc
> reported EACCES for the EINTR case. I don't think we've heard
> back from Marc w.r.t. whether he has gotten any more of these
> erros logged since applying jhb@'s patch and whether or not
> the errno has changed to EINTR?

As mentioned previously, it doesn't happen all that often … this latest one was after 21 days of uptime (or so) … I just upgraded the kernel on that machine to take into consideration changes to hfs *since* the last upgrade, so it might be another 20-30 days before it happens again *if* that last patch didn't' fix it …

I have several servers that do have fully operational remote consoles though … to save time if/when it happens next, what do I all need to run?

ps auxlH
procstat -kk <pid> (for which process? … all part of that "group", or just one of the apparently hung processes?)
sysctl debug.kdb.break_to_debugger=1 (shell)

now, is there a way of forcing it to do a dump core so that I can run the various commands from a shell *after* its rebooted?   Not particularly easy to redirect console output to a file (or is it?), so anything that scrolls off the screen is pretty much lost … I'm using a DRAC card in most cases, no serial consoles or anything like that that I can run within a script session … a 'ps' listing is >500 lines long, just to give an idea ...