Installing FreeBSD 9.1 amd64 on IBM x3550 M3

Panagiotis Christias p.christias at noc.ntua.gr
Mon Feb 11 11:33:09 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 9.1 amd64 on an IBM x3550 M3 server.
Installation went smoothly, RAID controller and network cards were
successfully recognised.

But, after the installation, the server fails to boot from disk.
There were some posts, about two years ago, in this list implying
that the problem lies in UEFI but I couldn't find any clear
solution.

Thanks,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
P.Christias at noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE