ZFS and ISCSI

Danny Schales dan at LaTech.edu
Wed Dec 18 15:50:12 UTC 2013

It seems that ZFS and ISCSI don't play well at boot time in FreeBSD 10.
  ZFS is started fairly early in the boot sequence, well before ISCSI is
initiated, so ISCSI based pools aren't detected.  Should there be a
stage 2 ZFS rc.d script that rescans for pools and mounts the
filesystems after ISCSI initiation if ISCSI and ZFS are enabled?  I
don't know the rc setup well enough to create one myself.  Right now,
I'm simply using rc.local, but I would think an official rc.d solution
would be preferable in the long run.

Danny Schales