Lost CAM Access to DVD Writer

Thomas Laus lausts at acm.org
Sat Aug 31 13:00:06 UTC 2013

> You probably need to recompile whatever application you're using to burn
> CDs.

The actual program, cdrecord, works when invoked from the command line.  The
following script does not:

EXAMPLES
     Dumps the /u file system to DVDs using growisofs.  Uses a 16MB cache,
     creates a snapshot of the dump, and records the dumpdates file.

/sbin/dump -0u  -L -C16 -B4589840 -P 'growisofs -Z /dev/cd0=/dev/fd/0' /u

I wonder if the recent change to devfs might be the root cause of my problem.
I have been dumping to DVD for years without any issues until now.  Maybe the
re-direction to /dev/fd/0 requires a different syntax.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1