OVH KS-2G Random Reboots [FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p6]

Florent Peterschmitt florent at peterschmitt.fr
Thu Aug 29 21:52:52 UTC 2013

You're lucky to get your KS-2G… I'm still waiting for mine since one month.

Maybe some crypto and/or UFS problems?

For the moment I have the old KS-2G at 9€HT (sorry for conversion), no
crypto and I ran 9.1-RELEASE without any problem. Or just one.

First I used UFS and during a night, building packages with poudriere,
with UFS, the server crashed. So maybe this crash and yours are the same.

However I never got any clue of what happened. And because something
went totally wrong after this crash (corrupted file system) I
reinstalled in full ZFS. No problem of this kind at all after.

Now I use 9.2-RC3 on ZFS and it's still running like a charm.

--
Florent Peterschmitt           | Please:
florent at peterschmitt.fr        |  * Avoid HTML/RTF in E-mail.