[HEADS UP] change in devfs path matching logic

Jase Thew jase at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 29 11:26:42 UTC 2013

On 29/08/2013 11:11, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 29/08/2013 12:07 Jase Thew said the following:
>> After some fiddling about, I've obtained a crashdump of this panic :
>>
>> http://goo.gl/sRXjo4
>>
>> If you need anything else, please let me know.
>
> Obviously, I can't do anything with the vmcore without the matching kernel (and
> perhaps modules).  Also, kgdb and libkvm.so from the matching system can be needed.
>
> Perhaps you could try examining the devfs_rule_run frame to give a start?
> Like listing the source code line and examining all local variables.
>
> Thank you.

Hi Andriy,

Unless I'm doing something wrong, there doesn't appear to be any useful
information contained in the frame other than source line.

kgdb script is available at http://goo.gl/ZS8Mjj

I'll try merging r211847 as you suggested and will report back.

Regards,

Jase.

--
Jase Thew