Change in loader or kernel: won't boot with kfreebsd in grub2

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 20 01:59:32 UTC 2013

        http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2013-August/074711.html

>  I.e. they fixed the kfreebsd misspelling and the grub 2.00 bug that
> prevented it from booting a 9.1+ kernel directly, so the autodetection
> now has better chances of working.  (They even added loader to the
> autodetection so you can also `e'dit that entry and change loader to
> loaderae to test this.)

> HTH, :)
>         Juergen

I remember that message you refer to but thought the bug was not fixed yet in Super Grub Disk.

How would I make it into something like a giant floppy image that can be booted from syslinux or isolinux like the Super Grub Disk on the System Rescue CD?

I could also try something by building grub2 from FreeBSD ports, don't know just what booting images I can create.

Tom