9.2-RC1, nfe, auto_linklocal : ioctl(SIOCGIFINFO_IN6): Invalid argument

Matthieu Volat mazhe at alkumuna.eu
Wed Aug 14 18:55:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've noticed that with 9.2-RC1, I cannot set/unset the auto_locallink flag on the nfe network interface on my laptop:

# ifconfig nfe0 -auto_linklocal
ifconfig: ioctl(SIOCGIFINFO_IN6): Invalid argument

The error is also raised at boot if net.inet6.ip6.auto_linklocal sysctl is set to 0.

I can't test for now if this problem was also present in 9.1 (I've just began to use this flag instead of removing local addresses in rc.conf), but I can give more information if given the commands/files to read.

--
Mazhe