[SOLVED] Re: missing /boot/menusets.4th

Teske, Devin Devin.Teske at fisglobal.com
Fri Aug 9 14:12:14 UTC 2013

On Aug 9, 2013, at 2:55 AM, Henrik Lidström wrote:

> On 08/09/13 10:28, Daniel Braniss wrote:
>> as of now (sorry have no rev#) the file
>> 	sys/boot/forth/menusets.4th
>> is not being installed, so boot failes!
>>
>> danny

> Yep, I just recovered from it using fixit and copying the file from src to /boot.
>
> FreeBSD 149999HELI 9.2-BETA2 FreeBSD 9.2-BETA2 #7: Fri Aug  9 10:43:22 CEST 2013     root at 149999HELI:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/JOBBD2 amd64

(raises hand)

My fault!

I committed SVN r254109/r254113.

... and forgot to merge r242688.

And I know why I missed it...

Learned a valuable lessen today...

*** I did my "mergeinfo --show-revs=eligible" in sys/boot/forth ***

NOTE: Despite the fact that I did "svn merge" in the proper location, the "show-revs" was influenced by the fact that I was in a sub-directory ... thus I never caught r242688 because at that sub-directory level, the revision didn't apply (show-revs=eligible didn't list it; and that's the list I was processing).

It's not that I wasn't paying close attention to...

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide/subversion-primer.html

It's that I didn't know that the rule of getting the list of eligible revs was quite as important as the actual act of merging. I'm very aware now that when you go to synchronize branches... it's imperative that even the show-revs step be done at the right level (but to be fair... I wasn't expecting something like r242688 ... and it had been a _long_ time since I had last broke the build [albeit with the same problem in HEAD]).

Much apologies.

Merging r242688 immediately to stable/9 to fix the missing file issue.
--
Devin