ZFS: can't read MOS of pool

Łukasz Wąsikowski lukasz at wasikowski.net
Fri Aug 2 19:10:36 UTC 2013

W dniu 2013-08-02 17:28, Trond Endrestøl pisze:

> On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 17:04+0200, ?ukasz W?sikowski wrote:

>> Thank you for you reply. I did what you've suggested, now I'm getting:
>>
>> ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable
>> ZFS: can't read object set for dataset u
>> ZFS: can't open root filesystem
>> gptzfsboot: failed to mount default pool klawisz
>>
>> Those KVM VMs are very stubborn with this "I won't boot" attitude ;)
>
> Could there be a bug in the underlying storage system?

It might be a bug in Proxmox or KVM.

> What filesystem does the VM's virtual harddrives reside on?

VM uses qcow container which is placed on ext4 on top of software raid-10.

> Could the physical storage media be corrupt?

No. I created identical VM on another physical Proxmox node and got the
same boot error.

> For some reason ZFS expects additional (leaf) vdevs to be present.
> I've seen similar error messages when an insufficient number of drives
> were not made visible by the boot firmware, i.e. BIOS.

The most odd thing is that this setup is working for a while and then stops.

> If this VM is important, you should make a snapshot, or make a copy,
> if you have enough free space.

I can prepare another VM with that booting problem for tests so I'm not
afraid of data loss.

> And it might be best to seek advice from someone more versed with the
> internals of ZFS than I am. :-/

Thank you for trying :)

--
best regards,