ada(4) and ahci(4) quirk printing

Ian Lepore ian at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 24 20:07:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 11:59 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I think this just outlines the problem - bootverbose is too verbose.
>
> eg, what the audio code outputs. And yes, net80211 when you're doing 11n.

I agree that the sound driver(s) output Too Much Stuff with bootverbose,
so much so that it makes bootverbose kind of useless for other things.
It would be nice if its output could be trimmed, and the fully-verbose
spewage we see now would need some extra knob turned.

More directly on-point to the overall thread, I think printing an extra
line of info that gives more detail about how drives and controllers are
being handled is a Good Idea.  It's one extra line, one-time during
boot.

-- Ian