Possible DoS in mpd 5.6 pppoe server

Marcelo Gondim gondim at bsdinfo.com.br
Sat Apr 20 13:21:45 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm doing tests with mpdas pppoeserver. Tried to simulate an attack of
1000 connections using an incorrect login and after a certain time can
cause a kernel panic in the system. Below the panicgenerated:

http://pastebin.com/nUXGVR3y

Other equipment I do:

# for (( i=0; i < 1000; i++ )); do ppp -ddial intnet ; done

My System:

Intel Motherboard Server S5500BC with Dual Processor Xeon(R) CPU E5606
@ 2.13GHz
8Gb ram

I do not understand programming in Cor Assembly. But could someone tell
me if what happened was a system problem or hardware?

Best regards,

Gondim