Ghosted logins in w/who

Jeremy Chadwick jdc at koitsu.org
Wed Apr 17 19:28:02 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 01:03:51PM -0500, damonray at mac.hush.com wrote:
> I removed /usr/include/utmp.h and restarted inetd/telnetd/sshd.
> Hopefully that does the trick..
>
> On 4/11/2013 at 12:53 PM, "Chris Rees"  wrote:On 10 April 2013 15:59,
>  wrote:
> > Got it. I'll double check to make sure everything was recompiled
> > correctly. Thanks!
> > Damon
>
> While you're at it, I'll echo Ronald's concern-- make sure
> /usr/include/utmp.h does NOT exist for you.
>
> If it does, you must run make delete-old in /usr/src.
>
> {removing other stuff due to OP top-posting}

Removing /usr/include/utmp.h and restarting daemons will do nothing.

Include files (/usr/include) are used during compile-time, not run-time.

You will need to rebuild world, and also rebuild all of your ports (do
not just go installing packages, rebuild them from source).

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc at koitsu.org |
| Mountain View, CA, US                                            |