fusefs-kmod does not work on 8-STABLE?

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at nsu.ru
Wed Apr 10 06:07:47 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I've got puzzled with the fact that fusefs-kmod apparently does not on
recent 8-STABLE: it builds and loads, but I don't see normal "fuse4bsd:
version 0.3.9-pre1, FUSE ABI 7.19" like I do on 9-STABLE (installed on the
same laptop with almost identical kernel config).

The result is that /dev/fuse0 never gets created, and any fuse mount
attempt results in this message:

  fuse: failed to open fuse device: No such file or directory

Quick googling did not give me any good clues; perhaps someone here on the
list knows better how to remedy this problem?  Thanks,

./danfe