Any objections/comments on axing out old ATA stack?
mandree at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 3 22:15:36 UTC 2013
I have just sent more information to the PR at
The short summary (more info in the PR) is:
- limiting tags to 31 does not help
- disabling NCQ appears to help in initial testing, but warrants more
- error happens during WRITE_FPDMA_QUEUED,
- File system in question is SU+J UFS2 mounted on /usr, and I can for
instance "rm -rf /usr/obj" or just log into GNOME and try to open a
gnome-terminal to trigger stalls;
- Linux uses 31 tags (for different reason) and has no drive quirks, but
a controller quirk;
for Jeremy's topic #6, regarding the ATI/AMD SB7x0 that I am using, it
might be worthwhile investigating the AHCI_HFLAG_IGN_SERR_INTERNAL flag
- it gets set by Linux on the SB700 that my computer is using, see
ahci_error_intr() in libahci.h - I am not going to interpret that for
lack of expertise, but it does affect error handling and appears to
ignore a certain condition.
Why only my Samsung HDD drive triggers this but not the WD drive, I do
not know yet.
Hope that helps a bit.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 261 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the freebsd-stable