rpc.lockd exiting just after startup @r240811

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sun Sep 23 16:02:17 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 06:43:49PM +0300, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> Try to revert the r240799. If this does not help, then some digging with
> gdb would be needed to see why kernel dislikes the buffer. Well, the same
> digging would be needed even if the revert helps.

Thanks -- I had just noticed that commit in the archives after noticing
that the machine in question, while running:

FreeBSD freebeast.catwhisker.org 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #937 240811M: Sat Sep 22 06:36:06 PDT 2012     root at freebeast.catwhisker.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

had no trouble with rpc.lockd -- indeed, I was able to perform the
desired "svn update /usr/ports/" while running head.

So I think that first, I'll try a complete (clean) rebuild of stable/9;
if that still exhibits the symptom (of rpc.lockd exiting rather
prematurely), I will try reverting r240799.

In any case, I expect to report back (but I have some chores to do
first).

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.