Help review the FAQ

Schaich Alonso alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 26 21:35:44 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-26 (Monday) 22:15:27 Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> [...]
>
> So a kernel alone has 12MB, with debug symbols 62MB (12+50).
> And all *.symbols files can be deleted (if more space on /boot is needed)
> I don't know how it should be mentioned in FAQ.
>
> Miroslav Lachman

Specifying WITHOUT_KERNEL_SYMBOLS=YES in src.conf to not generate debug
information IMO is a cleaner and more preferable solution then deleting the
files, and it also reduces the amount of storage space needed for /usr/obj (or
whereever else the kernel's built) by about 1GB on STABLE-9.

Schaich Alonso