Help review the FAQ

Jakub Lach jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Mon Nov 26 20:58:03 UTC 2012

This may be request for new questions, or this can be supplemented
partially in hardware ones I think;

- new default partition layout and it's justification (single partition
nowadays, I believe?)
- default block size and it's justification (is it 4K? why?)
- NCQ support with ada/ahci
- ahci power managment [*]
- why or why not default settings are just fine with SSD
(regarding journaling, SU, trim and what not).

Sorry for requesting content rather than reviewing existing
one, but I think this info important for modern FAQ.

* power-management-support description is lacking,
apm is obsolete, no mention of ahci.

I think this is more of less complete sketch of power
saving facilities in FreeBSD-

http://wiki.freebsd.org/TuningPowerConsumption