Help review the FAQ
jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Mon Nov 26 20:58:03 UTC 2012
This may be request for new questions, or this can be supplemented
partially in hardware ones I think;
- new default partition layout and it's justification (single partition
nowadays, I believe?)
- default block size and it's justification (is it 4K? why?)
- NCQ support with ada/ahci
- ahci power managment [*]
- why or why not default settings are just fine with SSD
(regarding journaling, SU, trim and what not).
Sorry for requesting content rather than reviewing existing
one, but I think this info important for modern FAQ.
* power-management-support description is lacking,
apm is obsolete, no mention of ahci.
I think this is more of less complete sketch of power
saving facilities in FreeBSD-
View this message in context: http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/Help-review-the-FAQ-tp5762326p5764423.html
Sent from the freebsd-stable mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the freebsd-stable