confirm that csup is still usable fos the new 9.1

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Fri Nov 16 17:14:49 UTC 2012

On 11/16/2012 05:25 PM, Edwin L. Culp W. wrote:
> I haven't received updates to sources, ports or release for a few days.
> The process seems to work, no errors, but no updating.
>
> I seem to remember talk of no longer using csup but I could be confused.
>
> Thanks.
>
> results of named:
>
>   9.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-PRERELEASE #320 r229960M: Sun Nov 11 05:04:45
> CST 2012

Hi Ed,

Uhm, no confirmation for the future I guess?
I still had a couple of servers upgraded with csup to 9.1-RC3 using cvs
tag RELENG_9_1.
It seems that you have RELENG_9 which correspondents to 9-STABLE.
This is still at 9.1-PRERELEASE and maybe there are no updates due to
the focus on 9.1-RELEASE.
I remember having read that cvs will not be available in the future for
the new releases being RELENG_8_3 (8.3-RELEASE) and RELENG_9_1
(9.1-RELEASE) at the moment, but it will continue to be available for
the STABLE and CURRENT.

 From the revision number in uname I guess you are using svn ? Or is
this also available when using csup?

This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. Any views or opinions presented herein are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of OSE.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please return this e-mail message and the attachment(s) to the sender and delete and destroy all copies.