buildworld fails on recent stable
dim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 8 23:28:11 UTC 2012
On 2012-11-05 17:28, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
> 05.11.2012 18:00, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>>> I bet on clang 3.2.
>> Thank you for checking.
>> So how do we proceed from here?
>> I could just revert the MFC-es, but the functionality could be desirable to some
>> users. Are there any alternatives?
> Dunno, clang 3.2 is still pending so I guess it wouldn't be MFC'ed until
> December 16th? Being a minor issue it can make some people shrug from
> using clang for testing stable...
While clang 3.2 will be branched for release soon, and hopefully will be
released on the date you mention, it will probably not appear instantly
in head. We need to test it rather thoroughly, to see if there are no
unexpected side effects.
Even then, I would not merge it to stable/9 after at least a month of
settling in head.
I have also looked at merging the snapshot of 3.2 we now have in head to
stable/9, but it is also quite some work, so I found a better solution:
I managed to shrink boot2 by enough bytes to make it fit again.
I committed the change to head in r242804, and I will MFC it in 3 days,
if there are no regressions reported. Meanwhile, please apply the
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 628 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the freebsd-stable