SU+J on 9.1-RC2 ISO

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Sun Nov 4 16:28:17 UTC 2012

On 11/04/2012 04:33 PM, Zoran Kolic wrote:
>> Just rebooting to single user mode after the install and then tunefs -j
>> disable /dev/ada0p2 works for me.
>> After a reboot then I just removed /.sujournal
> That crystillized to me as a correct way in this situation.
> Just one "fsck" at the very beginning? Manual says about
> some options available after it only.

I did not fsck just disable journaling for soft updates reboot and
delete ./sujournal
> People mostly mention journaling for servers. Anybody using
> 9.x on laptop with ssd?
> Thanks all for help, regarding this option.
I don't have a laptop with ssd
Journaling SU is not recommended because of the extra writes but
nowadays ssd should be fine with it, though less writes is less wear.
Just take care to align your partitions to 1 or 2 MB which can be
accomplished by going to shell on the partedit part of bsdinstall and
use gpart -a or gpart -b

This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. Any views or opinions presented herein are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of OSE.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please return this e-mail message and the attachment(s) to the sender and delete and destroy all copies.