freebsd-update and sources of 9.1-RC3

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Sun Nov 4 07:57:48 UTC 2012

On 11/03/2012 05:03 PM, jb wrote:
> Eugene Grosbein <eugen <at> grosbein.net> writes:

>> My real question is how make freebsd-update download sources they are not
>> installed?
> I am not 110% sure, but you can not.
> When freebsd-update runs, it checks its config file /etc/freebsd-update.conf
> and then takes inventory of your system (that's why it is called "update", and
> that's why you do not get new src set).
> FREEBSD-UPDATE(8) does not give any "override" option.
> So, here you are. But next time (assuming you keep your src) you will be fine.
> jb

Can't this be accomplished by setting
StrictComponents yes
in /etc/freebsd-update.conf ?

Then feebsd-update does not try to figure out the components to update
by itself, but updates the components mentioned in
Components src world kernel

I didn't try what happens if no source is installed.

This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. Any views or opinions presented herein are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of OSE.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please return this e-mail message and the attachment(s) to the sender and delete and destroy all copies.