SU+J on 9.1-RC2 ISO

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Fri Nov 2 22:13:49 UTC 2012

On 11/02/2012 10:42 PM, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Nov 2012, Adam Strohl wrote:
>
>> On 11/2/2012 23:47, Bas Smeelen wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Why are journaled soft updates the default when installing a new system
>>> from a 9.1-RC2 ISO?
>>>
>>> I admit I did not pay too much attention when installing a new system
>>> from an 9.1-RC2 ISO and found out when taking a snapshot with dump
>>> (dump
>>> -0Lauf) to clone the system. Other systems (9-STABLE, 9.1-RC2 and
>>> 9.1-RC3) have been upgraded from 8.X-RELEASE and earlier, so there are
>>> no journaled soft updates enabled, just soft updates, and well there
>>> dump with snapshot works just fine.
>>>
>>> Can SU+J be disabled for the 9.1-RELEASE or do you think this is not
>>> going to be a problem for users of FreeBSD? I will have to boot these
>>> two systems single user now to disable the soft updates journal,
>>> because
>>> I use dump + restore on live systems, not a problem for me, it is just
>>> an inconvenience.
>>

>> I have to second this sentiment.  Unless the dump/snapshot issue has
>> been resolved they journal should be turned off by default.
>
> +1

I have submitted a PR with patch, see how it goes
Cheers

This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. Any views or opinions presented herein are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of OSE.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please return this e-mail message and the attachment(s) to the sender and delete and destroy all copies.