FreeBSD 9.1 stability/robustness?

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Fri Nov 2 05:57:06 UTC 2012

On 1 November 2012, at 19:14, Brett Glass wrote:

> I need to build up a few servers and routers, and am wondering how
> FreeBSD 9.1 is shaping up. Will it be likely to be more stable and
> robust than 9.0-RELEASE?

It appears to be for me.  I had problems with 9.0 not reading CDs and rebooting with no error messages frequently.  I have upgraded to 9.1-RC2 and it now reads CDs just fine, and has not rebooted.  However, the uptimes with 9.0 ranged from about 2 hours to 30 days.  I have only had 9.1-RC2 running for a couple weeks so have not declared victory yet.  I has been running for more than most of the uptimes already.

> Are there issues that will have to wait
> until 9.2-RELEASE to be fixed? Opinions welcome.

I have no information on this.