clang tautology

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 29 07:33:21 UTC 2012

On 29/05/2012 04:47, Randy Bush wrote:
> is the clang build for releng_9 for amd64 in good enough shape that i
> can simply
>   csup
>   hack make.conf
>   make buildworld
>   make kernel
>   boot single
>   make installworld
>   mergemaster -cviFU
>   reboot
>
> as if life was normal?

Pace Doug's comments on how to use mergemaster, this works for me.  I
run my main server compiled with clang.  However, it isn't under any
sort of load and I haven't done any sort of performance analysis so I
don't know if I'd consider clang on a high performance server at the moment.

Most ports compile very well using clang, but there are exceptions.  Not
so many though as to preclude using clang as the default compiler for ports.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.