Problem with sub-path (or sub-url) in smbfs.

Manuel Trujillo (TooManySecrets) toomany at toomany.net
Fri May 25 10:38:35 UTC 2012

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right list for this question, but I cannot
find anything related about "cifs" or "samba". By the way I would
apologize about my bad english...

My system is a FreeBSD 9-RELEASE i386.

The windows server at office have a large path to the shares (sub-path), e.g.

//teide/recursos/usuarios/myuser

where "recursos" is a share, and inside it, "myuser" is another share
from "usuarios" (users).

This runs fine in any linux. In FreeBSD this is my fstab entry:

//mtrujillo at teide/recursos/usuarios/myuser /media/personal
smbfs	noauto,rw,-u=myuser,-g=myuser,-N 0 0

I have also an /etc/nsmb.conf configured. All runs fine... except
because I only can mount up to "recursos" (from the line
teide/recursos/usuarios/myuser), and NOT the share "myuser" (the last
part of the PATH).

Anybody could help me please?

Thank you very much!

Have a nice day  ;-)
TooManySecrets

/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.1
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | GNU/Linux Since 1993.
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | OpenBSD User
/ \  - http://www.toomany.net | http://twitter.com/toomanysecrets