new desktop box

Zoran Kolic zkolic at sbb.rs
Wed Jun 27 16:43:52 UTC 2012

Dear list!
This evening my 7 years old node powers down for it's own sake.
After a bit of panic, I made a decision to get new box.
Regarding fast development of hardware, I cannot choose what is
the correct way to go. For long time I use AMD and would like to
have another one, but would listen to advice, if proves better
to have intel. What are features I'd like:
- to be silent and cold
- to stay on not-expensive side
Finally, questions.
Phenom II 1100 or something else?
Mobo for said cpu with eth, well working with freebsd?
Graphical card, silent, that would work with amd64, branch 9?
No games, nothing fancy. To last next few years. I plan to com-
pile kernel or two. Half of usage is in console, startx then.
I will give additional information for my taste, if needed.
Best regards

                                   Zoran